Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Girl in a Pink Dress



Finally spring is here.
Prom is coming!
Who will I go with?
I cannot wait!!

A date for prom with a good friend.
No pressure if I go with my friend, Ben.
It will be fun.
Laughing, laughing, laughing.

A pink dress bought and ordered in Austin.
The dress comes in.
Let's go try it on.
It fits perfectly.

Where will we eat on prom night?
My date knows someone at Navajo Grill.
He arranges a special dinner.
Exciting.

Who will we go with?
Lance and Jill are going to prom.
Please go eat with us?
Now we have four in our group.

I go with Ben to order the tux.
We need just the right color of pink for the vest and tie.
 We have to match!
The tux is ordered, now we wait.

What will we do after prom?
I am not going to a drinking party.
Can we come to the house, Mom?
Of course. What food do we need?

I have to order his flower.
I hate the word boutonniere.
A pink rose with silver ribbon trim.
It will look perfect with his tux.

Aunt Donna, are you coming down?
I need you to help me get ready.
Ticket bought.
It will be a short trip.

Friends invited for the "after" party.
No alcohol.
Swimming pool is ready.
Fire pit is ready to make s'mores.

The big day arrives.
Go with Jill to get our nails done.
Go with Jill to get our hair done.
Hers is long and curly, mine is in a curly "up-do".

Time to get our dresses on.
What jewelry should I wear?
Cameras start clicking.
Got to meet the other girls for "girl" photos.

Ben arrives. He looks so handsome.
All the parents arrive to drop off food and take photos.
Smile. Smile. Smile.
I am getting so hot taking all of these photos.

Drive to hotel for additional photos. 
Stand on the stairs. 
Now by these shrubs. 
My face hurts from smiling so much.

Hug everyone goodbye. 
I love you all. 
Get in the big truck with Dad's help.
We drive away while I blow kisses.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh my.. can not believe she is so grown up so lovely so not little girl any more. so glad her decisions are God-filled so glad Mom writes poetry so glad to see your smiles in pictures and words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Beth. When did our girls grow into such beautiful young women?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz and Hill Country House Girl,
    I cannot believe how grown up she is either. She has turned into a lovely young woman and I am so proud of her. I hate that the time has gone by so fast. I am trying to get my mind and heart ready for college days and a new way of life.

    ReplyDelete