Thursday, March 17, 2011

Morning



The wind chimes sing on my back porch.
The cat cuddles at my feet.
I snuggle under the blanket in my chair.
I sip my coffee. Oh, it tastes so good.
The ceiling fan clicks as it goes round and round.
The sun is still hiding behind the clouds.
The dog next door barks.
I imagine he is running, searching for a cat to chase.

I say my prayers, like when I was a child.
God bless Quentin, God bless Avery, God bless Ashlyn.
Please give me peace today.
Thank you for my family.
Thank you for my talents and help me use them to your service.
Thank you.
Amen.

The wind chimes have finished their solo.
The cat kisses my nose.
The blanket has gotten too warm.
Wow, where did all of the coffee go?
The ceiling fan clicks as it goes round and round.
I see the sun. Should I come out to play?
The dog has stopped barking.
His naptime has come early today.

No comments:

Post a Comment