Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green

Grass
Tickles my feet
Wet from the dew
Smells fresh after it is cut
Ow! a sticker

Car
Dark and shiny
Leather interior
Smells new
Uses so much gas

 Leaves
Glow from the sun
Litter the ground
Blow in the wind
Shade the yard

Jello
Squishy and cold
Tastes like limes
Makes my tummy feel better
Melts in my mouth

Moss
Hides behind the tree
A good place to sit
Cool to the touch
Do fairies live here?

Pool Floatie
Scratches my skin
Holds me up in the pool
Shoots water a long way
Perfect on a hot day

St. Patricks Day
Leprechauns
Don't get pinched
Are you wearing green?
Do green panties count?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing poetry. Reading your colors and feelings and sounds gives me rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. It makes me feel good too!!

    ReplyDelete