Thursday, August 4, 2011

Take a Moment

I read my devotion today.
It was written by Lysa TerKeurst.
It is about how we let life slip by because don't take a moment.

She takes a moment every day with her husband.
They selects a tie for him to wear that day.
He goes to the bathroom and puts on the tie.

He comes back and she fixes his collar.
Everyday they have this small seemingly inconsequential moment.
She said, "it is like a spot of glue evertightening the bond between us".

It made me think.
Do I have a moment everyday with Quentin?
It did not take take long for me to identify it.

Every morning Quentin gets up at 5:15 am.
He goes in the bathroom and gets ready for work.
At 5:30 he comes out and we share a goodbye kiss.

It is a moment.
But as I thought about it more, I wondered
is that the most that we share every day?

I went to my hard drive to look for pictures for this posting.
How sad is that? I could not find one picture of us from 2011.
What does that say?

I have lots of pictures with the girls.
I have lots of pictures with my friends.
I have LOTS of pictures of quilts.

The time slips by and we simply let it.
Quentin has been gone on a backpacking trip this week.
When he returns I am going to take a picture with him.

I am going to make sure that the 5:30 am moment
is not the only moment we share each day.
I am going to make more moments.

They say that life is what happens while you are making plans.
Well for me it is what happens while I am busy
with my kids and making quilts.

Do you have a moment?
Is that enough?
How will you take that moment and make a life out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment