Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You're Blessed


"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought." - The Message, Matthew 5:5

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. - Bible NIV, Matthew 5:5

A good friend sent me a note yesterday encouraging me to keep writing. I have to admit the last few posts on FB have not been my words, but words from Good Morning Lord, a FB devotion. It made me pause and think about why I have not been writing.

For Lent, I decided to read my devotion every day. You heard right, EVERY DAY!! I then vowed to post one or more of the messages on FB. I did it! I only missed a day or two. The result is that I got into a new habit of reading and sharing God's word.

The bad news is that with all my other obligations, I have let my writing slip. I have a graduating senior and am busy with all of that - senior parties, dinners, graduation quilts, booking rooms, etc. So, I have relegated my writing to the back seat. But what if God is trying to use me to help others? I have just pushed God to the back seat. Whoa, not a good idea!

I am blessed to have friends who encourage me to keep doing God's work even when I am busy. I am blessed because I am content with who I am. I am blessed because God is using me to help others. Isn't that what it is really about anyway?

Note: The butterfly picture is courtesy of androidzoom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment