Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bird Watcher

“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; - Job 12:7

People who know me very well know that I have a thing with birds. Not a bad thing like my sister, but a God thing. Well yesterday, it happened again, only this time it was not a Cardinal, but a Scissortail Flycatcher. I was walking out to my car from Quilt Group. All of a sudden a Scissortail Flycatcher flew near me. He landed on a branch and then looked at me. I thought I should take a picture, but when I got close he flew to a sign in the parking lot. I snapped one picture and then went on my merry way.



Well, later after Quilt Group was over, I loaded my car up and was getting ready to leave. Well here came that bird again. He got pretty close and just looked at me. Photo op! He flew to a Crepe Myrtle and taunted me. I thought, "I know I will get in my car, drive close to the bush and then snap his picture."

I ease my car close to the bush and he flies to another bush along the drive. I ease up next to the bush and this time he flies across the parking lot to a bush facing the convenience store. So, I follow him. Well, while I am trying to snap his picture, some guy across the street is walking around his trailer. He thinks I am taking his picture. Oh, yeah, big grin!!! Well that is just embarrassing. Finally the bird flies back to a Crepe Myrtle along the drive. So, I do a 360 in the parking lot and stalk him one more time.

He just sits there as a slowly get closer and closer. I took several shots. He even squawked at me. What is he trying to tell me?





The message in all of this is slow down, take some time, enjoy the beauty God has surrounded us with. God is here with us in each and every moment. He uses all sorts of things to remind us of that. What is God using to tell you that He is near?

No comments:

Post a Comment