Thursday, November 18, 2010

God continues his effort

God is continuing to pull me toward writing. On Tuesday morning, I received the daily email from our writer's group regarding publications looking for articles. Low and behold there was a quilting magazine listed. Now what are the odds of that happening? A quilter who needs to write can surely come up with an article for a quilting magazine. 

So I went to the website and printed off the info. Well, guess what?  They would take inspirational quilting stories. So, I started writing a story about a young man that I made a quilt for. I usually do not make quilts for the kids I interact with. There are just too many kids and not enough time. This young man really wanted a quilt and I thought it might help him since he had lost his mother a few years prior.  So, I made him a quilt. He gave me one of his mom's shirts and I put it inside the quilt before I quilted it. Now he has his mom with him all the time.

I am not saying I will get published. I am not saying the article will even get read, but I am stepping out there to do God's calling.  

2 comments:

  1. Beth, I was a member of WOW until I moved to Amarillo in July. I'm so glad that you're following God's call. My road to published author was long and hard, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! :) The WOW group is amazing and I know they'll be a huge encouragement to you. They were to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. God has already used me in so many amazing ways, I am anxious to see what he has in store down this road. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete