Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
Proverbs 31:26


Well, it is now 2013. I am not sure where the time goes. All I know is that my grandma was right, "The older you get, the faster the time goes."

Last year was interesting. I learned some surprising things. During Lent, I decided I would try to read my devotion every day and then share it through some social media. I started out strong, as I always do, but then the first weekend came and sure enough I missed my devotion. I was disappointed in myself, but decided to keep trying. So the next week I read my devotion and shared it everyday until the weekend. Well instead of giving up, I stuck with it. I got through the entire Lent season and read my devotion although I have to admit I did miss quite a few Saturdays. I was astonished. I had never really stuck with something as it related to study in my spiritual life. I have continued this practice and now read my devotions every morning while I drink my coffee.

I also ran into numerous moms who wanted/needed a common group (for lack of a better word) to share/discuss parenting issues. I brushed off the idea, I mean what did I really have to offer? Well as the year progressed, I learned that my kids are not perfect. I raised them as Christians with good values. However, I could not manage their decisions and behavior as they became adults. Maybe other moms could benefit from my experiences?

My goal to write was also not getting any closer. As I looked at my favorite website, Proverbs 31 Ministries, http://www.proverbs31.org/, it dawned on me that the scripture they show on several of their pages:

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
Proverbs 31:26
 
was a scripture that has showed up in my life over and over. So, maybe I was looking at this all wrong. Maybe the book was not the end all, be all, like I thought. Maybe it is just a part of the whole picture. I will continue to write and share my experiences on my blog. I did really poorly at that last year. I will continue to work on my book and honing in on the message. I will share my experiences either one-on-one or in groups when God presents the situation.

Anyway, a new year - a new chance to try and spread God's word.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Wonderful way to begin a new year. Thank you for the words that remind me what is more important than my disappointments, both in myself and others.

    ReplyDelete