Friday, January 2, 2015

Evening Came First

Genesis 1:5
And there was evening and there was morning - the first day. 


Evening came before morning. I always think of evening coming at the end of the day but the Bible says evening came first.   

It makes me think differently about the day. If evening is first, maybe the day really starts at noon, goes to evening, goes through the night to morning and ends at noon the next day. 

Should we be energized in the evening? 
Do we spend all of our energy working and then miss out when we get home? 
Are there important things to be seen in the evening? 

What if we looked at the world, God's creation, through wide wake eyes in the evening? Would we see things we didn't notice before because we were tired? Would our appreciation be renewed? 

I am going to try to look at evening in a new way. I'm going to notice the sunset more. I'm going to breath in the cold winter air. I'm going to watch the evening shadows approach. 

I want to appreciate God's creation in the morning and in the evening. 

God bless. 
Beth








No comments:

Post a Comment