Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wrapped in God's Love

Quilting eases my mind.
It is a way to use my gifts to serve God.

A Confederate Flag quilt for a young man who has had a hard road.
Minkee on the back of the quilt so it is nice and warm.

Wild fabrics for a young man who lost his mom.
Place his mom's pajama shirt inside, so she is always near.

A variety of blocks for small hospital quilts.
Families who lose a child need something to hold.

Print pictures on fabric. Cut up clothes.
Memories of a loved one are captured in fabric.

I envision the quilts being a physical representation of God.
He is wrapping His arms around one of His children and comforting them.


I love Proverbs 31.
It speaks to me about how I am to serve God.
I love that it is so specific and accurate.

Proverbs 31
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment