Thursday, July 1, 2010

Spiritual Rememberings

I Peter 3:15
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

This Bible verse really hit home with me. I am trying to chronologically record events where God really made his presence known. It is hard to remember specific instances after time goes by, especially since I do not journal or keep a diary.

I can remember three events from the last few days though. A few months ago, I paid a deposit for Avery, Ashlyn, and Quentin to go to the UM Army Youth Mission trip this summer with our church. The deposit was $225 (3x$75). I realized that I needed to pay the remaining balance this week, since they leave on the trip this Sunday. The total was $250 per person, so I still owed quite a bit of money. Yesterday, my friend Michelle, told me there were new prices for the trip - $125 for kids, and $75 for adults. So, now I only owed $325. Good! But Ashlyn is having second thoughts about going since she is still in her cast. If she doesn't end up going, then we are paid up, and actually overpaid by $25. Great!

The turbocell on our pool went out. They cost $450 at the pool company, but Quentin found one on-line for $200 with free shipping. Woohoo!!

The pool pump also quit working. A new pool pump is $700 plus installation!!!!! Yikes. Quentin called a local electrician, Dorman, about the pool pump. Dorman came over, took the switch apart, cleaned it, put it back together, and it worked again! We have not received Dorman's bill yet, but no matter what he charges, it will be less that $700.

How does all of this relate to God? I had prayed to God about money and helping me manage our money better. Over the next three days these events happened. I told Quentin last night after we went to bed that I had prayed about it and looked what happened.

It makes me wonder, is God always working that quickly for people? If so, why don't they see it? Do they have a specific outcome in mind and if they don't get that outcome then their prayer is not answered. For me, I try to put the issue out there for God and then let Him handle it in his way. My mind is so small that I cannot possibly think of all of the best solutions.

I am so thankful that God hears my prayers. I am thankful that I have a relationship with God that allows me to worry and complain about things. I am thankful that God has my back. It gives me a story of hope to share with people.

One last thing, my friend, Michelle, is having some female problems. Please pray for her. She will be going on the UM Army trip next week and then will have a Dr. appointment with a gynecologist on Thursday July 15. Her family practice Dr. found some abnormalities with her annual tests and has referred her to a gyno. I would appreciate your prayers.

God bless!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment